Thursday, March 1, 2007

This and that

My web browser has been disfunctional of late, so I haven't been able to blog in a while. While not much of great excitement has gone on, here are some snippets of life in the last two weeks at our house.

This one is for our beloved Southerners... there is more than one use for a beach pail!

Here is Luke getting pelted with snowballs by his Daddy...thankfully a plate of glass was in between. Later, Daddy threw a pile of snow at Mommy in the kitchen and there was nothing in between Mommy and the pile of snow... not funny. He cleaned it up ;)

Matthew is spending more time awake now and is quite content to play in his bouncy chair or the exersaucer.

Luke is getting more interested in Matthew, since Matthew will smile or giggle at him now. He has taken to tickling "Mah-em" and saying "tickle, tickle tickle". Very sweet. The babies had a bath together for the first time the other day and had lots of fun. Lovin' the bumbo chair and its many uses!

Matthew had cereal for the first time and was so excited about it! Luke assumed that Matthew's delight meant that the cereal would taste fabulous. This was his only taste test. He was not impressed.

All the kids are ready for bed, only they didn't all get in their own beds on this night. I decreed that a slumber party was not an option for today and they all lumbered (or were carried) off to their own beds. A few too many for one bed anyways, don't you think?

An exciting weekend in our extended family because my brother John from the frozen north is helping his sweetie Beth move to beautiful Ontario from Alberta. Welcome to Ontario, Beth!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw.....you put my sis on your blog! Now she's been on two blogs....I think she's famous. I hope she doesn't become a total snob and forget "the little people"....:-)

Love that purple chair! Where did you get it?

Janet

Marlene said...

Love the pictures! Great to see all the kids again. ...I think I'd rather use the pail for its designed purpose...but glad your family is not functionally fixed! Have a great weekend.

Jon and Kel said...

the purple chair is on loan from friends who bought it off ebay. It is called a Bumbo chair and they cost about $50.

Given that Beth is moving to Ontario, don't you think that the total snob thing is inevitable?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Totally inevitable. I've heard enough about "evil Ontario".....:-)

I'll have to check out the Bumbo chair. I've never seen one before. Very cool. Not sure if new baby will need a chair like that or not...not sure how old she will be....not sure of much....:-)

Janet