Thursday, March 29, 2007

A few things I value more today than I did yesterday...

1. our fire extinguisher
2. store-bought cookies!
3. our sweet neighbour who let us camp at her house while our house aired out
4. our sweet neighbour's sweet grandson who vacuumed up the mess from the fire extinguisher while I stayed with the children

I had a small incident with the oven yesterday evening, when a burning cookie started my oven mitts that were hiding in the oven drawer on fire! Thankfully I had the presence of mind to actually use the fire extinguisher (first time!) and all ended well, albeit stinkily. No damage to anything (except the oven mitts which I wanted to replace anyway!)

I am so thankful to the Lord for taking care of us and reminding us of our dependence on Him. What a great opportunity to teach the children that our Lord and Father never slumbers or sleeps, and all things are done according to his plan. Bedtime was a little later than usual, but the children (and their mom!) all slept peacefully.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelly! That must of been scary! Thankful that you were all kept safe and that it didn't develop into anything worse!! Have a good weekend =)

Joel Van Dyk said...

That must have been quite exiting!!! I am glad that you were not hurt!! so how did the fire extingesher work??

Jon and Kel said...

i pulled the tag, pressed the button and the smelly stuff came out and doused the fire.

Mel said...

Very glad it all endend ok!
The maple syrup adventure looks very fun! Can't wait to go on 'class trips' with my 'students'!

Anonymous said...

Wow - quite an adventure. I've never had a cookie catch fire on me - what did you put in those things?
:)

valerie grace said...

Good thing you had a fire extinguisher...I don't own one...maybe I'll go out and get one now though! Glad to hear that it all turned out okay though!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I haven't started a fire yet....but it wasn't for lack of trying. Or burning.....:-)