Friday, May 25, 2007

While Daddy's away...

We've been keeping busy!

Here are Luke and Hannah are riding the latest addition to the local petting zoo: the donkey Bree. She's very docile, and the kids had a great time riding on her.

Jonathan bought a kite and we flew it at Gramma and Opa's. You can just see it in this picture, flying quite high in the sky. Shortly after this, Mommy lost it in a tree. So she bought a new one for Jonathan.
The kids brought breakfast in bed to Mommy one morning. It was a toasted bagel, waiting for the pb and j. Notice the coke. They know Mommy well!

We finished school!!! So the end of the year reward was chocolate!! Josiah and Luke got Winnie the Pooh, Hannah and Jonathan got Mickey Mouse. Mommy gets to relax for the summer!
Hannah wrote a note to Daddy.

For those of you not familiar with Hannah's particular brand of spelling, here is the interpretation: Dear Dad I hope you had a great time. May God be with you for ever, love Hannah. (School may be done for the year, but spelling review might continue ;))

5 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Aww.....that is SO cute. Love the note.

ANd hooray for the end of school! TAKE A BREAK, MOM! :-)

PS- We have the same plates from IKEA....:-)

Anonymous said...

Love all the great pictures. And I can't wait to visit that petting zoo... I think I'll be more excited than the kids!

Jennifer said...

How great is it to be done school!!! Have a great summer off - though now you'll have to find other things for the kids to do ;) (I know I'm forever the encourager) I'm sure that Jon will love the note from Hannah. Have fun watching the planes come in tonight!

VanDyks said...

I was gonna say, "We have a local petting zoo?!?!" and then I saw your prior post. Shoot, there goes that field trip. ;) Did the kids think to make you breakfast in bed all on their own? I have to say that is, is REMARKABLE, as is Hannah's note. You have some amazing children.
Oh, and good job on the kite. ;)

Mel said...

Glad you kept busy while he was away...I'm assuming he's back. Is he? Dan was gone for five days over the long weekend and we kept very busy and 'abused' Nana. I sure don't like it when he's gone! I think Mia thought he was coming home late at night because she asked me one morning why Daddy wasn't in my bed...like he'd gone off to work already.
I love Hannah's note!