Saturday, September 15, 2007

Beth's Bridal Shower

Last week we surprised Beth with a bridal shower. We had lots of fun and very yummy food ; we held a Pampered Chef and Epicure shower. Guests had the option to donate money for Beth to spend at the party, and could also buy their own things.

Beth was quite surprised: John had told her that there wouldn't be a separate shower in our area because it would be "too busy" on the one weekend they were spending here prior to the wedding. Liar! No such thing as too busy for a party!

Upon arrival:


The queenly hairpiece:



The future sisters-in-law!

The speech


he following day we had John and Beth's Buck and Doe at the parent's farm. What a great time! We dined on barbecue pork and enjoyed several games. To my great surprise (as well as my husband's, I might add) I won the target game! From a distance of about 100 yards with a 22 rifle, I actually got a bull's eye and two other shots nearby, as well as two other shots on the target. For all of you doubters out there, I was only allowed 5 shots. Not bad, eh? I won a compass, so I'll never lose my way again :) Sadly, I don't have any photos of the event, but it sure was a great time.

The bride and groom to be!!!

3 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That was a great post! I FINALLY get to see pictures of you....which one are you? :-) That looks like fun, and Beth tells me it was great! I LOVE that last picture of them! So nice!

Jon and Kel said...

I am on Beth's left in the picture with all of us, and Tracie is on her right.

Marlene said...

I didn't realize it was a surprise shower.

love your hair and glasses