Friday, January 26, 2007

Introducing our family...

We were married in August of 1997... hard to believe that is almost 10 years ago! What a joy our life together has been so far, with the births of our 5 children and the ups and downs that God has brought us through. We are members of Riverside Church where the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is preached and the fellowship of the saints is sweet.

Our oldest son, Jonathan Arie, is 8 years old. He is being homeschooled through grade 2, and enjoys chess, karate, swimming and working with Opa at whatever Opa is up to.





Hannah Christine, our only daughter, is 6 years old. She is homeschooling through grade 1 and has a great time with her best friend Kristiana at gymnastics every week. She also enjoys swimming and is excited to be part of the musical "The Three Trees".



Our 4 (and a half!!) year old is Josiah William. Josiah is just beginning with homeschooling, but this past week he read his first book, "A Glad Cat". He reluctantly goes to swimming class and karate class (although he has a blast every time) and loves playing with cars and being all around crazy.

Lukas Isaiah comes next. He is 2 years old and loves to follow the others around and do whatever they are doing. He is learning to talk and strings together sentences like "gramma, vroom vroom, home?" which, being interpreted, is "Is gramma coming over?"

Our latest addition is Matthew Campbell, now 4 months old. He is extremely patient with the cuddling, carting around and clumsy care that he gets from his siblings.


We look forward to sharing our walk through life with you, telling of the blessings of our good and glorious God.




9 comments:

Marlene said...

What changes high speed and a digital camera have brought!

I'm excited to follow your blog. It's great to see the kids, but I'm sorry I didn't see their parents.

Have fun blogging.

Anonymous said...

We love the blog, very cute.
I hope you stay on top of yours better than we do.

Anonymous said...

...by the way John. I love the message you left me the other day. It's still stuck in my head.

Mel said...

Very fun pics. I love the title of your blog!!

Joel Van Dyk said...

nice blog and very nice pictures! talk to you later

Anonymous said...

I like your pipe, you look funny, and I can't wait to smoke a pipe with you!

Anonymous said...

I like your medals Hannah! I can't wait to see you... (it is about time for your quarterly visit isn't it!)

Jon and Kel said...

We would all love to come! I would like to smoke a pipe with you Asher. How about you guys come to us this time. We're tired of driving!
Josiah

Anonymous said...

Hi guys;
I'm so glad I have internet again so i can keep up with you guys. Love the pictures. see you all saturday!
Love, Nana